- Places to visit: Historical center and main viewpoints of Valparaíso
- Available: Monday to Sunday 09:30 hrs or 15:00 hrs
- Start place: Hotel in Valparaíso (Alegre or Concepcion Hills)
- Tour includes: English speaking tour guide + traditional funiculars tickets + Trolley tickets + 1 individual non gas mineral water (per person)
Valparaíso has the form of a natural amphitheater facing the sea where most of the city hangs from the hills in a chaotic harmony and with tangible and intangible heritage embodied in customs and traditions of the particular lifestyle of the “porteño” (inhabitant of Valparaíso).
On this walking tour, we will be able to visit attractions of great architectural and historical interest, Alegre and Concepción hills with their strolls and viewpoints full of stories of foreign immigrants that arrived to Valparaíso when this important Port was considered “The Jewel of The Pacific Ocean” (before Panamá Canal). Sotomayor square and the history of its heroes besides Muelle Prat, to continue to the historic port town declared World Heritage by UNESCO where Plaza Echaurren and La Matriz church are located.
Additionally, on this tour we will use local public transport as Trolebús (trolley) a unique rolling heritage in the country being the second oldest in South America (in operation since 1952); and traditional ascensores (funiculars) that are a must panorama, a heritage with over a century of existence, necessary and used daily by the city inhabitants.
It will be a deep experience, a profound visit to Valparaiso where the stories and legends of this particular city will be narrated, a city that was never founded.
- This tour is applied to passengers staying at the Concepción Hill, Alegre Hill and Sotomayor Square area hotels. Consult for additional price for passengers staying outside this area (they can get on their own to a meeting point or we can arrange a transfer with our vehicles with extra cost)
- Only one optional can be added to the tour (if passengers wish)
- Altamira Brewery closed on Sundays in low season (06Abr15-01Ene16). Operates Monday to Saturday in high season (02Ene-28Mar)
- Passengers are recommended to go on tour with: Sun block, sneakers, camera and light jacket (depending on the season).