- Places to visit: Historical center of Valparaiso and its main viewpoints
- Available: Every day at 15:00 hrs (Except on days 18 Sep - 25 Dec - 01 January) Days December 24 and 31 only am. The guide waits from 14:45 to 15:15 hours at the meeting point
- Start place: Sotomayor Square on the Front of the building “Consejo de La Cultura”
- Tour includes: English speaking tour guide + 2 traditional funiculars tickets + 1 Trolley tickets
Valparaíso has the shape of a natural amphitheater facing the sea, where most of the city hangs from the hills in a chaotic harmony and with tangible and intangible heritage embodied in customs and traditions of the particular lifestyle of the “porteño” (inhabitant of
On this walking tour, we will be able to visit attractions of great architectural and historical interest, Alegre and Concepción hills with their strolls and viewpoints full of stories of foreign immigrants that arrived to Valparaíso when this important Port was considered “The Jewel of The Pacific Ocean” (before Panamá Canal). Sotomayor square and the history of its heroes besides Muelle Prat, to continue to the historic port town declared World Heritage by UNESCO where Plaza Echaurren and La Matriz church are located.
Additionally, on this tour we will use local public transport, the Trolebús (trolley) a unique rolling heritage in the country being the second oldest in South America (in operation since 1952); and traditional elevators (funiculars) that are a must do panorama, a heritage with
over a century of existence, necessary and used daily by the city inhabitants.
It will be a great experience, a deep visit to Valparaiso where the stories and legends of this particular city will be narrated, a city that was never founded.
- The beginning of this tour is the Sotomayor Square
- The guide waits 15 minutes before the tour start
- Passengers are recommended to go on tour with: Sun block, sneakers, camera and light jacket (depending on the weather).
- Sunday and holidays Trolley system is not available, it will be replaced by regular stransportation